We're a global justice federation working to achieve social justice, gender equality and poverty eradication.
We work to empower poor and marginalised people in the Gambia to claim their human rights, to demand public services and to live a life of dignity.
A just, equitable and sustainable world in which every person enjoys the right to a life of dignity, freedom from poverty and all forms of oppression.
To achieve social justice, gender equality, and poverty eradication by working with people living in poverty and exclusion, their communities, people’s organizations, activists, social movements and supporters.
- Mutual Respect, requiring us to recognize the innate worth of all people and the value of diversity
- Equity and Justice, requiring us to ensure the realization of our vision for everyone, irrespective of gender, sexual orientation and gender identity, race, ethnicity, caste, class, age, HIV status, disability, location, political affiliation and religion
- Integrity, requiring us to be honest, transparent and accountable at all levels for the effectiveness of our actions and our use of resources and open in our judgements and communications with others
- Solidarity with people living in poverty and exclusion will be the only bias in our commitment to the fight against poverty, injustice, and gender inequality
- Courage of Conviction, requiring us to be creative and radical, bold and innovative - without fear of failure - in pursuit of making the greatest possible impact on the causes of poverty, injustice, and gender inequality
- Independence from any religious or party-political affiliation
- Humility, recognizing that we are part of a wider alliance against poverty and injustice.